Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Young Working Adults (YWA)

I attended a church camp last weekend. It's called the Young Working Adults' Camp (YWA) : Perfect 10.


It was great. Fun to say the least. The camp was held in Mahkota Hotel, Melaka. It was a 3-day-2-night camp. The hotel was not a hotel at all. It was more like an apartment, where you have a living hall, a kitchen, two rooms and two bathrooms. So, was kinda disappointed. Cause the camp fee was freaking expensive. And the food sucks.

But other than that, I had a great time connecting, though I felt pretty awkward at first. The games were fantastic too. It has been centuries since I last played games. The games actually brought out the children in us. No kidding!

We also got to roam around Malacca and tried local delicacies. Some of the food was not too bad. Wanting to try out something special in Malacca, I texted my sister, only to find that I'd be better off scouting the food myself. She's totally hopeless. I didn't find the chicken rice balls is a to die for. You still have the pieces of chicken and the rice, just that the rice is now served in ball-like shapes.

                                       
                                        

See what I mean?

Other than games and leisure, we have three speakers throughout camp; Pastor Kenneth Chin, Pastor Alex Tan and guest speaker, Pastor Timothy Loh. Sermons were great.

                                       
Pastor Alex Tan

                                       
Pastor Kenneth Chin

                                        
Pastor Timothy Loh

All in all, everything was fantastic. But the most important thing bout the camp was, I GOT TO UNWIND! Man! Don't I need that one!


p/s : Pardon the formatting. Can't seem to adjust those pictures.

3 comments:

Khye Zhee said...

the chic rice ball in malacca one so so nia lo..too overrated liao..nth to be bragged about..i feel the normal chic rice nicer. the rice balls very keras leh..

lx ting said...

yeah, it was ok nia...ntg to hoo haa bout...like makan fish balls with chicken..lol

Khye Zhee said...

yalor..me think so too..bt mostly when ppl go malacca, definitely will eat this signature dish one ler..ehehe..